ONE EPIC SLAM
TUNE IN LIVE
APRIL 2ND @12PM
Get ready for an unforgettable Pickleball showdown! Tennis legends Andre Agassi, John McEnroe, Andy Roddick and Michael Chang are coming together for the ultimate match you cannot miss. Watch as these champions face off in action-packed Pickleball matches for $1M cash purse! Don't miss this chance to see the precision and competitive spirit of these all-time greats. Mark your calendar now! April 2nd, 12 PM, only on ESPN. Watch it live and be a part of the excitement.
Players will be playing for $100,000 Charitable Donation - $25k/player
Donations gamified throughout the Slam at players’ discretion. Example: “Bet” $10k on holding serve
Match (1) – Roddick vs. Chang – 1 point for winner
Match (2) – McEnroe vs. Agassi – 1 point for winner
Match (3) – McEnroe/Chang vs Roddick/Agassi – 2 Points for Winner
Tiebreak determined by rotating singles matches to 11
First-of-its-kind event, featuring four American tennis icons competing in the fastest growing sport in America, Pickleball, on live national broadcast for a $1M cash purse.
Win $10,000 and the chance to play a pickleball match with the pros.
Pickleball Slam exclusive dinner event including Q&A with tennis legends.
Live on ESPN for a $1M cash purse!
Andre Agassi is considered one of the greatest tennis players of all time, having won eight Grand Slam singles titles, including the Australian Open, Wimbledon, and the US Open. Agassi was also a member of the United States Davis Cup team and won an Olympic gold medal in 1996. He was known for his powerful groundstrokes and aggressive playing style, as well as for his distinctive fashion sense on the court. He is also a philanthropist through his Andre Agassi Foundation for Education and the Agassi Graf Development Center in Las Vegas.
John McEnroe is considered one of the greatest players of all time, having won seven Grand Slam singles titles, including three Wimbledon and four US Open titles. McEnroe was also a member of the United States Davis Cup team, which won the competition four times during his career. He was known for his aggressive playing style, exceptional volleying skills, and his fiery on-court demeanor. McEnroe was also known for his on-court outbursts and heated exchanges with officials, which earned him the nickname "Superbrat."
Andy Roddick is considered one of the top players of his generation, having won the US Open in 2003, and reaching the final of the tournament three times. Roddick was known for his powerful serve, which is considered one of the best in the history of the sport, and his aggressive playing style. He was also a member of the United States Davis Cup team, which won the competition in 2007. He was also known for his sportsmanship and his work off the court, including through his Andy Roddick Foundation.
Michael Chang is considered one of the top players of his generation, having won the French Open in 1989, becoming the youngest male player to win a Grand Slam tournament at the age of 17. He reached a career-high ranking of World No. 2 and was known for his quick footwork and his ability to play a counter-punching style of tennis. He was also a member of the United States Davis Cup team and helped the US team to win the title in 1990. He was known for his humility and his sportsmanship on and off the court. Chang continues to be involved in the sport as a coach, commentator, and philanthropist through the Michael Chang Foundation.
THE TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE WILL FEATURE TWO (2) FLIGHTS OF TEAMS.
- THE WINNING TEAM IN BOTH FLIGHTS WILL WIN $10,000 AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY AGAINST TWO (2) OF THE LEGENDS ON SATURDAY, APRIL 1.
- THE “AGASSI / RODDICK” FLIGHT WILL BE MADE UP OF 46 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED MAX DUPR RATING OF 10.0.
- THE “MCENROE / CHANG” FLIGHT WILL BE MADE UP OF 40 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED MAX DUPR RATING OF 8.0.
NOTE: THERE IS NO INDIVIDUAL MAXIMUM RATING.
LOCATION AND TIMING
- ALL MATCHES WILL TAKE PLACE AT PLANATION CENTRAL PARK (9151 NW 2ND ST, PLANTATION, FL 33324)
- THE MCENROE / CHANG 8.0 FLIGHT MATCHES WILL BEGIN AT 11:00AM ET ON FRIDAY, 3/31
- THE AGASSI / RODDICK 10.0 FLIGHT MATCHES WILL BEGIN AT APPROXIMATELY 2:30PM ET ON 3/31
- ROUND OF 16 MATCHES IN BOTH 8.0 AND 10.0 FLIGHTS WILL COMMENCE AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE 10.0 ROUND ROBIN PLAY ON 3/31
- QUARTER-FINAL MATCHES WILL BEGIN AT 1:00PM ET ON SATURDAY, APRIL 1 AT PLANTATION CENTRAL PARK AND WE ANTICIPATE CONCLUDING THE TOURNAMENT BY 3:30PM ET
FLIGHT WINNERS WILL PLAY THE TENNIS LEGENDS IN A MATCH AT 4:00PM ET ON 4/1
- ALL MATCHES WILL BE BEST TWO (2) OUT OF THREE (3) GAMES TO 15, RALLY SCORING, WIN BY 2.
- 10.0 GROUP WINNERS WILL ADVANCE TO THE ROUND OF 16
- 8.0 GROUP WINNERS AND THE NEXT SIX (6) TEAMS WITH THE BEST RECORDS WILL ADVANCE TO THE ROUND OF 16
- ALL PLAYERS ARE EXPECTED TO ARRIVE AT PLANTATION PARK AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR MATCHES
- NO TICKETS ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH THE MATCHES THIS WEEK SO PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO JOIN!
PICKLEBALL SLAM TICKETS
- IF YOU PURCHASED A PACKAGE INCLUDING TICKETS TO THE VIP GALA AND THE PICKLEBALL SLAM, YOU WILL GET A SEPARATE NOTE INCLUDING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PICK UP YOUR TICKETS AND TIMING FOR THOSE EVENTS.
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR THE PICKLEBALL SLAM, SUNDAY 4/2, LIVE FROM SEMINOLE HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO HOLLYWOOD, FL – BUY YOU TICKETS BEFORE THEY’RE GONE!
Please contactWilliam Moss ([email protected])with questions.
Thanks to all our participants!!